Tuesday 15 July 2008

“Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave.”

Had a fun day in the countryside yesterday with a good crew. We skated a monster ramp with a spine in Bletchingley, it felt like it was the chin ramp to me. Crew consisted of the Mighty Cougar, 2 Hats, Frank, Mr May, Hops, Dan and myself. After that we skated a concrete park in Reigate. These were fun excursions. The one spot I was most impressed by was the one we visited first. Here's a picture to give you some sort of idea of what we were dealing with...



A very small snake run leads up to a spiney bump. It's like a miniature Stockwell sausage you have to air over which leads you into the psychedelic bowled out corner. This is quite high, steep and whippy. Here's another photo..



Whichever way you look at it it you're upside down. If you do an axle stall the buildings make sense but the sky is full of upside down trees, rolling up to the coping you're faced with upside down tower blocks. I was having a lot of fun there and then I maybe found out why. A A Milne penned his Winnie the Pooh books there. Not actually at the weird creation we were skating but close by. We were minutes away from Pooh bridge and Pooh corner. I wouldn't be surprised if the trees to our right hand side were the hundred aker wood. We tried some tiggery jumps over the sausage. Christopher Hopkins AKA Hops complained pretty consistently about how much he ached from the day before which kept alive the spirit of Eeyore deep in those woods. Hops however got pretty tiggery as soon as we reached the Reigate park. Sing Ho! For the life of a Bear!.
What are you doing tomorrow night? I'll tell you..



See you there.

No comments: