Sunday 21 June 2009

Go skateboarding

You heard me. Hopefully you're out there somewhere and it's not too busy. I know everyone has their reservations about being told what to do especially when it involves skateboarding, an activity largely inspired by not wanting to be told what to do. Like it or not today is International go skateboarding day...



Having got off my train this morning I walked through my station and went to use the cash point. Whilst extracting money the song I was listening to ended and during the silence I heard two boards, maybe more thrown down on the hard marble floor. If you've been skating for weeks, months or years your ears become attuned to the noise of like minded folk. Occasionally you can be duped by a trolley or a wheelie bag but usually you're bang on the money. This time I was, I looked up to see about twenty kids skate across the station concourse as Minor Threat entered my ears. Go skateboarding day it is indeed, the same crew and more greeted me as i opened the shop. It looks like I'll put in the hours after hours too as Rob and myself attempt to re-create an epic stair session we enjoyed many Summers ago. Back from a recent tour for a few days is LA correspondent...



He's shredding it up as I type. He has his own original intent shoe out on DVS...



His name's on the insole...



on the paper inside...



and even on the box...



Yes Brophy!...



If you're dusting it off, have a good day. If you're not dust it off tomorrow.

No comments: