Sunday 5 July 2009

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men'

Willy Wonka is responsible for that quote among many others. When I was still at Primary school a confectioner named after the chocolate factory owner made a sour breakthrough true to his spirit of invention. Do you remember these?...



I think about these often. Only one shop I knew of sold them and it was off the beaten track so they required a pilgrimage. They were basically a large egg shaped gobstopper which changed colour. There was a sour layer then respite and then another and so on. The middle was in my memory the sourest and most delicious thing ever. The box was sick too...



The shop I went to in search of these was also funnily enough my Toffee Crumble vendor. I hope this has jogged a memory for at least one of you. This post was inspired by one of Rob's Cola Mentos'.

No comments: