Tuesday 23 February 2010

"Put your name on something...

...it better be the best... you only get one shot"

You know who said that? George Foreman. I'm a fan of his work in and out of the ring but this quote is all about a gift my folks gave me at the Weekend...



I've wanted one for years and now I have one. The George Foreman grill is gonna get a session tonight. Mushrooms and Steak for it's virgin flight, I'm excited already. Let me take you through my yesterday. Rain forced hibernation and quite a film fest took place. In order...



I expected a lot from this, if you've seen the trailer you've seen the best bits. It's no Taken this film, I'd give it a wide berth. Next was one I'd meant to see at the cinema, Cormac McCarthy's post apocalyptic novel realised...



Bleak and beautiful and well worth the wait "If he is not the word of God, God never spoke" Everyone I know who saw this raved about how good it is, more often than not book adaptations lack the feel an author intended but this rang true I think. This was followed by this Sam Mendes film...



Dave Eggers has been doing a lot of work on screenplays, I enjoy his humour, the joy he finds in awkward situations. The comedy of family and disfunction, from tilted uterus' to Chechnyan orphans this has it all. Thoroughly enjoyable stuff. Surprise watch of the evening was this...



Initially put off by the Trek-ness of it all and fearing my lack of background knowledge would ostracise me I left it alone. Obviously I was aware of the main characters from years gone by and mostly from that Star Trekking across the U.S.A song. It seems that is all you need to enjoy a sitting, I couldn't help thinking of how much Spock's mannerisms were the same as the Big Bang Theory's Sheldon Cooper, governed by logic not emotion. Well worth a watch. As you can see I had a busy one, Jonathan Ross would be proud. Here's a scoop for you before I sign off. You read it here first, or maybe second but it's still hot news...



The newly themed basement will come into play mid March I think and will be followed by a number of exciting projects to coincide with it which I'll tell you more about nearer the time. Keep them peeled

No comments: