Wednesday 27 October 2010

"At the age of six...

...I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since" -Salvador Dali

I was always taught to formulate my own opinions and tastes but I was definitely encouraged to revere Dali as a genius. My father's favourite, the legend of the lobster telephone even made it's way into a fancy dress outfit of his and was on the to see list every Tate visit. I'm not really sure what got me onto thinking about him, perhaps James Jarvis' mention of liking intermittent cultural references and recommendations which appear on here. This painting...



a print of it anyway was on the wall throughout my childhood. It's incredible, I whiled away hours staring at it, there's a lot to look at, give it some time.

No comments: