Saturday 9 October 2010

Lords of the Underground

I've become increasingly interested in old adverts promoting the tube. This search has led me here and there and I now have a keen eye for exactly the kind of images that please me. Once I've found them I intend to bring some home because they look amazing. Voicing my new found interest prompted the Wilson to alert me to an exhibition I'd never have seen near by. It's on the Shaftesbury Avenue end of Endell Street...




Max Roberts
posing the question could the tube map be changed? Has offered responses like this...



There are more than a handful of rejuvenated maps. My favourite was this one inspired by the the work of Charles Rennie Mackintosh...



Look how good the hood looks...



I'm still happy with the original but my fascination with tube history continues, a Transport Museum trip beckons I think. If you do find yourself South of the river in a cafe called Terry's-one of the best by all accounts-I have some advice. There is no Larry David on the Menu but there is one named after the proprietor's son...



Austin's special is the best sandwich out. I should probably tell you about a well guarded secret in the frozzen foods aisle too...



Don't sleep on it, these ice cream releases are gone before you get used to them. Where can I even get a Toffee Crumble nowadays? Answers on a postcard please. Well I better be off. It's Saturday, they're unpredictable. In fact the only constant in my Weekends...



Graham I'll see you shortly.

No comments: