Wednesday 17 August 2011

Holiday snaps


As I may have said I was tucked away when others were looting shops or avoiding such action as best they could. My views were a little more peaceful so i'm going to share some with you. One mad thing about the Forest Of Dean was that these guys were everywhere...



and whenever I was reading outside I'd see this family waddle past..



I was away with my family, rare guests were my cousins Mark and Will...



Every night I'd go outside and look at the moon with minimal light pollution...



I saw this house someone had shipped from Switzerland years ago for £200...



This was spotted from a boat on a trip we went on, there were Swans...



One man in a canoe waved at us and resultantly rowed straight into a tree branch. He managed to stay in the canoe. These comically arranged hay bales were re-visited for this photo opp of Will...



Sheep were everywhere, even by the side of the road...



I never really drink Cider very often but I became quite fond of this...



We would pilgrimage to a local pub called the Fountain for dinner, it was good food but I took this picture because I really liked the typography...



One hundred yards away from this pub was the scene where this sheep harassment took place. My Uncle caused quite a stir...



Two of them ended up headbutting each other in the road. We would walk home through the Forest by the light of the Moon and with a little help from my phone's torch. This Moon shot made it look like a UFO...



It was great having some fresh air and being surrounded by trees. On our way home we passed through Avebury to see a vaster arrangement of Neolithic monuments than at the Stenge. Here are the Cousins by one of them...



It had an amazing feeling about it, in one of the rocks Will found a note, it began "dear rock, thank you for this healing" This gives you some idea of the impact these stone circles have on some people. Regardless of cynicism and interpretation the fact that they are there is astonishing. We also saw this man made mound not so far from there called Silbury hill...



Look at these pure Harry Potter roots we saw in Avebury...



It took days to get this post out and I'd better go now as the shop re-fills itself like a toilet bowl. I'll leave you with a priceless Ches quote from earlier-"it's like educating Pork!"

No comments: